With a grant from the South Cumberland Community Fund, Beersheba Springs Medical Clinic will present a course in diabetes lifestyle interventions for patients with diabetes. Lifestyle Makeovers is a best practice program designed to complement the physician’s practice and was developed by area residents Stephen and Karen Wickham. Understanding weight loss, carbohydrates, protein, fats, and food preparation will be featured. Each session will include exercise, a healthy snack, and support for implementing lifestyle and diet changes into participants’ current living situations.
The Beersheba Springs Medical Clinic welcomes a new executive director, Mandy Eller.
Ms. Eller, a native of Warren County, was a recent president/CEO of the McMinnville-Warren County Chamber of Commerce. She brings grant writing and fundraising experience to the clinic and will continue crucial relationships with medical and community organizations to maintain and expand services as needed.
“The clinic serves a vital need to those who otherwise would not have access to medical or dental care and prescription medications to improve their quality of life. It’s an honor to serve the mission and continue to secure its future.”, says Eller. The first order of business for the new executive director is the annual appeal for donations from the
Current COVID-19 Protocols
Dear friends of the Beersheba Springs Medical Clinic,
The BSMC continues to adjust protocols based on the most current information regarding COVID-19. We are now seeing patients on a limited basis both in-person and using telemedicine. Please call the Clinic (931-692-2229) before you come. If you are asked to come to the Clinic, wait in your car for a member of the staff to come to you.
We are open Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8 AM-4 PM
Thank you churches, schools, community members, places of business, government offices and employees, and every person who has been practicing social distancing and safe hygiene to slow the spread of COVID-19. It takes all of us WORKING TOGETHER and STAYING APART to keep our community healthy.
Please continue making a difference in slowing COVID-19 by:
- Keeping your distance: limit trips outside the home.
- Avoiding public places and gatherings: minimize the number of people around you.
- Maintaining at least a six-foot distance from other people: stay out of the “sneeze” zone and respect everyone’s personal space.
- Wearing masks (these can be home made cloth coverings as recommended by the CDC), if you are around other people: cover your mouth and nose to protect you and anyone near you.
- Washing your hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds OR using hand sanitizer: send those germs down the drain.
- Avoiding touching your face: keep your hands away from your eyes, nose, mouth, and ears.
- Disinfecting surfaces: clean it if you touch it.
- Being kind to one another: show your care and concern by staying safe.
Thank you for your continued support,
Mandy Eller, Executive Director
Beersheba Springs Medical Clinic
19592 SR 56 Beersheba Springs, TN 37305